Find support notes, detailed instructions and answers to your frequently asked questions on Cashflow Managers’ range of small business accounting software.
To make it easy to find the information you need, our extensive Knowledge Base of frequently asked questions has been divided into categories. Simply select the relevant category and sub-category to view the list of support topics and questions.
You can also find answers to your questions by searching the Knowledge Base. Just enter your question, topic or keyword to find the most relevant results.
No. We do not access your computer. Our software uses your internet connection to communicate with our servers to validate your licence status. We keep our products continually updated and where a product is no longer licenced or supported our smart technology prevents further access.
Make sure you are up to date with your payment. Cashflow Manager uses a subscription model, allowing customers to always have the latest software and taxation reporting capability. If you are behind with your payment, contact us now to regain access to your Cashflow Manager program. Alternatively, please contact the CARE Support Team. www.cashflowmanager.co.uk/contact-us/
No. We do not see or store your business financial records. If using the desktop program, you will need to backup your data and email it to us, for access. Alternatively, if using the Cloud program, you may give our CARE Support Team permission and allow us to login to access your files should you wish.
Cashflow Manager is designed to run on a Windows based, PC computer operating Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. If you are a Mac user, it is possible to use Cashflow Manager with one step to complete prior to downloading the program.
Open ‘Boot Camp’. You will find the Boot Camp Assistant app in the Utilities folder of your Mac. Once Boot Camp is installed you will be able to install Windows 7, 8 or 10 on a separate partition. You will then be able to install your Cashflow Manager software.
You will need to purchase software, called Parallels or VMware Fusion, which allows you to install Windows 7, 8 or 10 onto your Mac. This program can be placed in the program dock and opened at any time while working within a Mac environment. You can toggle between the two platforms (Mac or Windows) as necessary.
You will need at least 150MB of hard disk space on your computer for your program and tutorial files.
Cashflow Manager is designed to run on a PC computer running Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10. The program requires at least 4GB of RAM with a XVGA [1024×768] or higher resolution monitor with 16-bit colour. You will need at least 150MB of hard disk space on your computer for your program and tutorial files.
Visit the Cashflow Manager Downloads Centre and select the version you wish to install.
- Click [Save] to save the downloaded file to a location of your choice on your computer (e.g.: downloads folder).
- Once the program file has finished downloading, navigate to the location to which you saved it.
- Double-click on the file.
- Click on ‘More Info’ and then click on ‘Run Anyway’.
- Follow the easy installation wizard to finish the process. Once the program has installed, a program icon will be created on your desktop.
- Double-click on the Cashflow Manager desktop icon and away you go!
Cashflow Manager FAQs
The VAT report is able to be lodged online from directly in the Cashflow Manager program.
To lodge your VAT return online:
- Select an account from the Home screen.
- Click on the Reports tab.
- Select that VAT report and click [Continue] on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select which accounts you wish to view and the reporting period.
- Add any adjustments that you need to make.
- Click [Lodge Online]
- A box will appear for ‘VAT Details’. Enter your User ID, password and check the start and end dates displayed.
- Click [Lodge].
- In the ‘Cashflow’ section of the program, click on the ‘File’ menu.
- Click [Accountant Export].
- Click [Export to Accountant].
- Select the account(s) you wish to export. ‘All Accounts’ is the default selection, but you can change this to the current account you are working in, or click on [Select Accounts] to choose which ones you would like to include.
- Choose the starting month and year and the ending month and year.
- You are now ready to create the export file.
- Click on [Browse] The ‘Save as’ window will appear to allow you to choose a location and file name for the export file. The default location is the C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\CFM\Cashflow9\Data folder
- The default file name is the name of your current business file with information about the dates you are exporting. For example, if your current file name is ‘Sample’ and you are exporting from January 2016 to March 2016, the file name for the export file will be Sample Jan2016-Mar2016.
- The file will be saved as an Accountant Export File with an .ec9 extension.
- The months will be locked for each of the accounts included in the export so you do not make any unwanted changes. A red padlock will appear next to the account name in your Cashflow Manager work area to indicate that the month is locked.
- If you wish to email the file to your accountant, check the box that says ‘Email File when Export Complete’.
- Click on the [Export] button. The program will now create the file. If you select ‘Email File When Export Complete’ the ‘Email Document’ window will appear.
- Type in your accountant’s email address in ‘Send To:’ (or select the address by selecting from ‘Show Contact Emails’.
- Add a subject for the email e.g. Cashflow Manager Files
- Type in any additional text for the email.
- Click on the [Send] button.
- To record a ‘money in’ transaction, first select the account you wish to add the transaction to.
- Click on the ‘Money In’ tab and ensure you are working in the correct month and year.
- Type the correct day of the month in the ‘day’ box and press [Enter].
- Type in the name of your customer and press [Enter].
- Type in the details of your money in transaction and press [Enter].
- Add in your receipt number if there is one, or press the [Tab] if you wish to leave this blank.
- Enter the amount into ‘total receipts’ and press [Enter].
- The curser will go to the ‘VAT’ field and the VAT will be automatically calculated. Press [Enter] to accept the amount, or edit the amount and then press [Enter].
- Use the tab or left and right arrow keys to move the amount to the correct allocation column. Alternatively you can press the letter that the column starts with. For example, if the ‘S’ key was pressed, the allocation would jump to the ‘Sales’ column.
- The amount will now appear in the ‘Bank Deposits’ column. If you have deposited it into the bank simply press [Enter]. If you have held the money as cash, press the [Tab] button to add the amount to the ‘Receipts not Banked’ and press [Enter].
- Your line is now complete and you can move onto your next transaction.
To customise your columns click on the ‘customise columns’ icon. The page that appears will give you the option to customise your ‘Money in’ or ‘Money out’ columns by clicking the tab for the section you wish to modify.
The table lists all the columns that are included in the business template you selected and includes five fields of information, which you need to fill in:
- The Column Name, which can be up to 50 characters in length and must be unique
- The Accountant’s Code is used to match the codes used by your accountant’s general ledger program. If you don’t know the code your accountant uses, leave this blank.
- The Tax Type determines the VAT reporting that applies to the column.
- The Profit/Loss status – if the checkbox is ticked, then the column will be included in the Profit and Loss Report; if not, it will appear on the Balance Sheet (Movement) Report.
- Hide, which allows irrelevant columns to be hidden from the Money In and Out sections.
The buttons on the right side perform various functions:
- [Add New] Click on this button to add a new column.
- [Delete] Click on the line for the column you wish to delete and then click on the [Delete] The column will be deleted unless there is data recorded in that column.
- [Undo] The [Undo] button will be activated when you delete a column. You can click on this button to ‘undo’ the deletion.
- [Sort A-Z] Sort your columns alphabetically.
- [Sort Z-A] Sort your columns in reverse alphabetical order.
- [Add to All Accounts] Columns in one account can be added to all other accounts.
- [Up and Down Arrows] Move your selected column in the direction of the arrow, one position for each click.
- [Save] Click on this button to save the changes you have made. An information box will advise that your changes have been saved.
- [Cancel] Exit the Customise Columns table. Any changes you have made since you last clicked the [Save] button will not be saved.
To save your changes and then exit the Customise Columns table, click on the [Save] button and then the [Cancel] button.
Invoice Manager FAQs
- Click [Tools].
- Click [Invoice Setup Wizard].
- Choose ‘Create new invoice template’.
- Enter a name for template and click [Next].
- On this screen you can edit any details relevant to your business by clicking [Edit]. Make sure you click [Save] after making any changes. When you are happy with edit click [Next]
- Choose ‘Yes’ to include remittance advice. Click [Next]
- Choose which company details to print on remittance advice. Click [Next]
- Choose your customers details to print on remittance advice. Click [Next]
- Choose the Invoice Details you would like to appear. Click [Next]
- Choose “Yes” to adding Direct Deposit/EFT to remittance bank. Enter in your relevant Bank details. Click [Next]
- Choose ‘Yes’ to accept credit cards. Tick the relevant boxes. Click [Next]
- You may add a logo on this page. It needs to be a JPG file and no larger than 339 x 154 pixels.Click [Browse] and navigate to where logo is saved on your computer
- You may preview your invoice here by clicking [Preview].
- Click [Save Finish].
- Invoice Layout “name” Saved. Click [OK].
- Select [Yes] to set this as your active layout.
- Select the supplier’s name from the list and click on [Purchase Invoices] on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Click on [New] on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Type in the details of the invoice and click [Save].
- Once the purchase invoice has been saved click [Lock]. No further changes can be made to this purchase invoice.
- Click on [Add Item] on the right-hand side of the Inventory list.
- Fill out the details for the item. When all information has been entered, click on the [Save] button in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. If you wish to add another item, click on [Save & New].
- The item will now be added to the Inventory list.
- Select the customer from the customer list and click on [Money In].
- A window will appear with a list of invoices for this customer. Click in the ‘Amount Received’ box and type in the amount. Click on [Save].
- If you would like to transfer your receipt to Cashflow Manager, tick the box that reads ‘Transfer to Cashflow’ and select the account. If you do not want to transfer the amount, do not tick this box.
- If the receipt has been added correctly click on [Save] in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click [OK] and the receipt will be added.
You are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking items. Items in this list may be removed and/or updated without notice.
[Enhancement] Addition of an Asset manager to Gold version.
[Enhancement] Adding dashboards for Profitability and Working Capital.
[Enhancement] New Customised invoice layouts option.
[Enhancement] Conversion facility to convert Desktop data to the Cloud program.
[Enhancement] Addition of a loan register.
[Fix] Made adjustment to Fraud headers in MTD lodgement data.
[Fix] MTD amounts for ‘Cashflow Manager Totals’ and ‘Adjustments’ are now correct if more than one account is used..
[Fix] Made adjustment to Fraud headers in MTD lodgement data.
[Fix] MTD VAT box 5 now calculates correctly in all cases.
[Fix] Fixed method that gave users “No Connection” message when submitting via MTD.
[Fix] Added extra Date validation when submitting via MTD.
[Fix] Transaction listing report now shows correct amounts for Vat Zero rated entries. (Blue)
[Fix] Transactions split over several columns no longer give incorrect VAT totals in Transaction listing. (Blue)
[Fix] The edit VAT menu item now working for all tax types. (Blue)
[Fix] Allocations split between VAT and zero rated now show correctly when generating generic export files. (Blue)
[Enhancement] Added Invoice number to subject when emailing. (Blue)
[Enhancement] Added button to email invoice statements from Customer screen. (Blue)
[Enhancement] Unlock code can be copied from email and pasted in to program when unlocking.
[Enhancement] Dashboard graphs now load in background to speed up file loading times.
[Fix] Missing currency symbol in options no longer causes errors when creating ABA files. (Blue)
[Fix] On hand inventory figures no longer display to 13 decimal places. (Gold)
[Fix] Working in Invoice manager while Dashboard graphs are loading no longer causes errors. (Gold)
[Fix] Fixed VAT calculations that could cause dicrepancies. (Gold)
[Fix] Net Cashflow Graph on Dash board now displays current financial year correctly.
[Fix] Adding new column to all accounts in Accountant export file now works.
[Enhancement] New User interface throughout the program
[Enhancement] New left side navigation menu allows user to navigate between sections with a single click
[Enhancement] New Business Dashboard provides a visual snapshot of your business in single page
[Enhancement] Click through option for Dashboard graphs. Clicking on a graph in Dashboard will take user to corresponding report
[Enhancement] Added Business Budget lets you set up a budget for your whole business rather than by account
[Enhancement] Ability to edit grid font size based on your preference.
[Enhancement] Colour scheme changes for more enjoyable bookkeeping.
[Enhancement] The addition of a ‘Private Use’ section to separate business and personal expenses.
[Enhancement] You can now set up reminders to appear within the program.
[Enhancement] Map bank statements for auto-allocation of income and expenses.
[Enhancement] A variety of reports can “Drill-Down” collective amounts and transactions. This allows the user to locate and view individual transactions that make up these amounts.
[Enhancement] You can create email message templates to auto-fill the message.